Access to our Website
Due to the nature of the internet we can't guarantee that our site or the websites to which our site may link will always be available to you. If the need arises, we reserve the right to amend, suspend or withdraw the site without notice. The UCAT ANZ Consortium will not be liable if for any reason our site or others are unavailable at any time or for any period.
The UCAT Consortium is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on our site, the technical infrastructure relating to them, and in the material published on them. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Subject to the restrictions set out below, you may download, view and print material from our site for your personal non-commercial use and for internal non-commercial circulation within your organisation. No other use is permitted without our prior written consent. In particular, you may not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining our prior written consent.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged. No trade mark, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on material from our site should be altered or removed in whole or in part.
The permission to reproduce material does not extend to material identified as belonging to third parties, where you must obtain the permission of the relevant owners before reproducing such material.
Reliance on Information Posted
Our site is accessed by a multitude of users and therefore has been prepared with the primary aim of providing general information for and about the UCAT ANZ Consortium, detailing what we do and how we do it. Although the UCAT ANZ Consortium endeavours to ensure that the information on our site is accurate at the time of publication, any of the information on our site may be out of date or incomplete at any given time. If you believe that any information on our site is inaccurate please let us know and we will investigate this.
Where the UCAT ANZ Consortium publishes research papers, statistical analyses, corporate data or other third party material on our site, we do not control and do not necessarily endorse their contents or findings in any way, and we are not responsible for the accuracy or otherwise of such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to them and any materials posted on them, including, without limitation, loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and
- any liability for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
Information about you and your visits to our site
The UCAT ANZ Consortium aims to make our sites and the material provided on them accessible to as many people as possible. We endeavour to ensure that our sites have been tested on all commonly used browsers and on a number of screen readers, but please note that you may see inconsistencies in the presentation of pages if you are using an older or deprecated version of a browser.
You may use our sites only for lawful purposes. You may not use our sites:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- in any way that is unlawful, fraudulent or harmful to other users, or has any unlawful, fraudulent or harmful purpose or effect.
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Posting Rules.
- to transmit, or produce the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, spyware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site; any equipment or network on which our site is stored; any software used in the provision of our site; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Viruses, Computer Misuse and other Offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our sites, the server on which the sites are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our sites. You must not attack our sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Commonwealth Criminal Code Act 1995. The UCAT ANZ Consortium may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
The UCAT ANZ Consortium will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programmes, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it. You should ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place when using the internet.
Linking to our sites
You may link to material on our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
If you wish to make any use of material on our sites other than that set out above, please address your query to email@example.com
Links from our sites
Suspension and Termination
The UCAT ANZ Consortium will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our sites. When a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- issue of a warning to you.
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- further legal action against you.
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as the UCAT ANZ Consortium reasonably feels is necessary.
To the extent permitted by law, the UCAT ANZ Consortium excludes liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms. The responses described in these terms are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
The laws applicable to disputes arising from material on our website are the laws of Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Australian courts.
The trade marks and logos used and displayed on our site are our registered and unregistered trade marks or those of others. You may not use these trade marks without our prior written permission or that of the owner(s) of the trade mark(s) in question.
Thank you for visiting our site.